It's the same thing everyday here in Utah. You get up, go pee, have a quick breakfast, get ready for work, hop in the car, turn on the radio, see how traffic and weather are doing these days, then get spoon fed right winged propaganda until you arrive at work. Ya, you could turn it to NPR but "Morning Edition" makes you more sleepy than you already are, you could turn it to "Radio From Hell" but they're only funny for so long, you could turn it to "Bob And Tom" but they're only funny if you're a red neck idiot. Or you could listen to any other dumb-ass Utah DJ but they only irritate the fuck out of you.
So you have two choices in the end, listen to your own CD's, tapes, or I pods, or listen to Grant and Amanda Huff 'n Puff yuck it up on your annoying drive to work! Their traffic and weather updates (every ten minutes on the nine's!) as they like to put it, are really good. But everything else about them sucks! Ya they report the news, but it is soooooo biased towards...
- LDS PROPAGANDA
- CONSERVATIVE PROPAGANDA
- CORPORATE PROPAGANDA
- ANTI-GOVERNMENT RHETORIC
- AND RIGHT WING TALKING POINTS
- From 6-9 it's Grant Nelson and Amanda Dixon, Grant hates books and Amanda hates reality.
- Kris Redgrave does a "Speaking on Business" report, which tells us how wonderful corporations and the private sector are.
- Then it's time for Doug Wright! From 9-12 we listen to the show "where Utah comes to talk!" To be honest I'd like to criticize his show but I simply have too much respect for him. He is definitely a right winged LDS talking piece but he is also a reasonable guy and a good man. I listened to him choke up on air the other day about his son who he recently lost in a horrible accident, and I gotta tell ya, I got choked up just listening to him. Doug Wright makes KSmell a lot less smelly and if it weren't for him, all would be lost for this station.
- Then it's time for "The Browser" from 1-3, it replaced the Sean Hannity show so I guess it could be worse nuff said!
- From 3-6 it's the afternoon news with Scotty and the nice one. Scotty can't seem to spit out anything comprehensible and Maria seems nice and I don't have a problem with her.
- From 7-10 it's "Nightside Project" it sucks!
- Ultra conservative republicans
- Moderate republicans
Oh, and they're so pro BYU Cougars too! You would never know that we have the Utes in this state that is a Pac 12 team and is one of the better college football teams in the country! Would KSmell ever tell us that? No! It would upset the Quorum of the 12 so they can't say it!