Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tough week for the Democratic Party

Rep. Anthony Weiner
No matter how you spin it, it has been a shitty week for the Democratic party. I'd argue the worst week we've had politically since the November election. It all started with the corporate medias joygasm to the Anthony Weiner "scandal". My views on this are I think he was hacked and pranked. But even if it was true does it really matter? Who cares what people do in there private lives! I saw the apparent photo and it's pretty G rated when compared to shit I see on blogger! But Weiner has taken a hit with this and I've liked him through the years, he's been a great liberal voice in national debates....


I'm gonna be honest, even if somehow this Weinergate scandal turns out to be true I don't fucking care! We need guys like Weiner in the United States congress and what he does in his personal life is of no concern of mine, yours, or anybodies as long as he doesn't abuse power, or use tax payer money which he definitely and unequivocally HAS NOT DONE!


The REAL ass head of the week!
And then you have former rising star of the Democratic Party John Edwards. It sickens me to know that I once liked this guy! He is quite possible the biggest scum bag EVER in any political party! If not the biggest he's for sure in the top 5! I mean put it all in perspective....
  • Has an affair while his wife is sick with cancer
  • uses campaign money to pay off his mistress to cover it up
  • denies the affair
  • denies the baby is his
  • all while running for president in a time of great peril for the country
  • quite possibly could have been the parties nominee if it weren't for Obama
  • would have destroyed the Democratic party for years
  • would have put the country through hell if he were elected president
  • and is still lying about it after his ex-wife Elizabeth passed away!
He is making the Dems look pretty bad right now as it is and he's been exiled for a couple years now, imagine what would have happened had he won the nomination and won the presidency! Can you say hello to President Palin anyone!?!


Here is another embarrassment that won't go away!
Today it was Blago's turn to return from the grave and haunt the Dems! Anytime this guy is in the headlines does not bode well for the Democrats.


You know it's been a bad week for the Dems when Mitt Romney looks much better than Obama for a day. The unemployment figures were released yesterday and boy oh boy did the Repubs go gaga over the whole thing. Mitt was out there sayin "I told you so!" If the economy doesn't start picking up speed quick then say goodbye to Obama and hello to Corporate welfare!

I can't believe any body can say with a straight face,"The Bush Tax cuts have been a success!" Really? They've been in place for ten years now, how's everybody doing? I love the media too,
  • High gas prices
  • IT'S ALL OBAMA'S FAULT
  • Poor housing market
  • IT'S ALL OBAMA'S FAULT
  • extreme weather slowed hiring
  • IT'S ALL OBAMA'S FAULT
  • The auto industry is roaring back
  • chirp.......chirp..............chirp...............................................................................chirp



The good news you haven't heard

 Oh ya and the auto industry has made a comeback and is paying off all the bailout money back to the government and is now a profitable, job creating industry that would have disappeared forever had Obama not stepped in and saved them but who cares about that because we're all too interested in Weinergate!

Superman! Oh and that super guy behind him, what's his name??



I have a confession, I love Obama! Ever since the day he won Iowa in 2007 I've just loved the guy! It's cool for me personally to have my role model be the President of the United States. I have faith in his abilities to overcome this horrible situation he inherited from the WORST president ever! I know it's a shitty time for ALL of us right now and it sure feels like the economy will never come back. But we've got to realize that it took eight years to get in this mess. It's gonna probably take Obama eight years to fix it!
my first award since grade school.:)

And finally, I'm flattered that I got this award from Mrs. Pickle over at http://picklesinmyass.blogspot.com/
what really is cool to me is she said I've been kind to her. Being called a kind person is a great compliment so I thank her for that.

I now get to choose five fellow bloggers to reward this to and here's my choices...
  1. Bluzdude over at http://darwinfish2.blogspot.com/ he is hilarious without even trying that hard to be!
  2. Tom over at http://tgoette-sophisticatedlunacy.blogspot.com/ one of our first followers, his blog is awesome!
  3. Jayne Martin over at http://injaynesworld.blogspot.com/ her blog is fantastic!
  4. Dusty over at http://leftwingnutjob.blogspot.com/ her blog is cool because she goes after the left as much as she goes after the right.
  5. And Lauren over at http://thinkspin.blogspot.com/ I like her blog because she's an actual writer, and her posts are always a great and interesting read. 
So there are rules to this award, pretty much to pay it forward to 5 blogs that you like. If you weren't on the list just know that I have great respect for all of you and I hate picking favorites. I'm the kind of guy that thinks we should all get winners trophies. I know that's lame but hey, I'm just that kind guy!:)

    11 comments:

    1. I hate to admit it but I really don't know what is going on with Weiner. My bad.

      I loved this post. And I loved the video of him.

      Congrats on the award. You deserve it.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks Dazee, and I'm actually glad you've not heard about Weinergate, that tells me the general public at large isn't really engaged in this.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Way to kick some serious butt. I'm doing a small bit on "Weinergate" in the Sunday Recap this week, but you really made the best arguments. I really like this guy, too, and hate to see him caught up in this. He's normally such a bright guy. But if he did it -- seriously -- what the hell was he thinking? Why do guys think women want to receives photos of their dicks?

      Thanks so much for the award, my fine, passionate, bright young friend. I'd have to give one to everyone because if I felt I'd left anyone out my leftover childhood Catholic guilt would kick my butt and like you, I want a trophy for everyone.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thanks so much for the nod! It means a lot coming from such kindred spirits. And any time I'm mentioned in the same company as Jayne, it makes me all tingly inside.

      Keep up the good work, guys! No prisoners!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Weinergate? Seriously? The stuff they make into news astounds me sometimes. Les Sigh.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Jayne and Bluzdude, you're both very welcome! You both run very great blogs but more importantly to me, you've been great friends of this one. You're comments and feedback mean a lot to me and I hope you'll continue to visit our proud little project here in awkward Utah!:)The most bizarre state in the country:/

      ReplyDelete
    7. Another choice political post, Virgil! I agree wholeheartedly as you do that the Dems have had a difficult time of late, but compared against the atrocities of the previous administration, I think most thinking people (ie Dems) will ride it out okay.

      As for unemployment, if the corporations would put some of the trillions of dollars they are sitting on to work with this economy and create more jobs here in the states instead of overseas our recovery would be practically instantaneous. Of course they won't do that because that would make Obama look good and their cronies in the GOP wouldn't like that! Better to purposefully drive the economy into the ground and let suffer millions of unemployed Americans. Bastards!

      Virgil thank you so much for the award. It does mean a lot coming from someone whom I respect and admire like yourself who is so passionate in his progressive beliefs and so talented in expressing them. Being counted with Jayne and Dusty is an honor in itself! So thank you my friend.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Tom I totally agree. Corporations are the biggest cause for the economy not recovering. They want all the power and hate the fact that Obama doesn't bend to their will. Corporations are well aware that he'll get all the blame for the economy not recovering and are hoping that it will cost him re-election.

      You're very welcome for the award Tom! You were one of our first followers and I'll always appreciate that!

      I'll keep on doing the best I can with adequately verbalizing the progressive point of view. Luckily I have a lot of inspiration from great blogs such as yours!:)

      ReplyDelete
    9. Thanks so much, Virgil. Love your blog! Great post! Agree with you 100%. I love Weiner, too. I really hope the scandal doesn't hurt him.

      Every time I hear John Edwards name on TV, I think of a hot steaming pile of shit.

      Tom is right. Corporations aren't hiring... here any way. They're doing most of the hiring overseas. They'll control the outcome of the next election because Fascism, not Democracy rules our country now.

      Btw, check out my friend Heidi's blog http://www.mommapolitico.blogspot.com/. She's also a great liberal voice.

      ReplyDelete
    10. I think Weinergate is starting to lose out a little bit to Palin's alternate take on history. You know she couldn't let someone show her up on the news front! To people like her Bad press is better than no press at all ;)

      ReplyDelete
    11. Thanks so much, Virgil. Love your blog! Great post! Agree with you 100%. I love Weiner, too. I really hope the scandal doesn't hurt him.

      Every time I hear John Edwards name on TV, I think of a hot steaming pile of shit.

      Tom is right. Corporations aren't hiring... here any way. They're doing most of the hiring overseas. They'll control the outcome of the next election because Fascism, not Democracy rules our country now.

      Btw, check out my friend Heidi's blog http://www.mommapolitico.blogspot.com/. She's also a great liberal voice.

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...